FIRE TRAINING/RECRUITMENT OFFICER
$22.48 – $33.72 Hourly HIRING RANGE: $46,755.24-$58,444.05
Rocky Mount, NC
7/13/2018 11:59 PM Eastern
- Facilitates all firefighter professional development training, job knowledge testing,
and practical skill evaluations; maintains certification records.
- Develops and implements recruitment training programs; develops training
calendars; coordinates training with external instructors and community college
- Develops basic and advanced training courses to be used by supervisors and
assigned instructors to ensure departmental training objectives are achieved.
- Orders supplies and textbooks for training classes.
- Assists in developing department training calendars; develops and teaches
classes; assists other personnel in the development of classes.
- Maintains inventory of training materials, fire training props, and audio-visual
- Develops and implements recruitment initiatives; posts job openings; attends job
- Performs the duties of a Firefighter as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Candidate must have served with a career fire department for three years, obtained the position of Senior Firefighter or equivalent rank, and must be a certified Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator through the North Carolina Fire and Rescue Commission.
- Candidate must be certifiedas a North Carolina Firefighter through the Fire and
- Candidate must be at the minimum a North Carolina Certified Emergency Medical
- Candidate must be certified as Hazardous Materials Responder Level 1 or above.
- Candidate must be certified or obtain a Child Passenger Safety Technician
certification through successful completion of the NHSTA Child Passenger Safety
Program within 24 months of employment.
- Candidate must be certified as a Technical Rescuer (TR) through the Fire and
- Candidate must be a North Carolina Fire & Rescue Commission Certified Instructor
• Candidate must be certified or obtain a North Carolina Fire & Rescue Commission
Qualified Instructor certification within 36 months of employment as a
Fire Training/Recruitment Officer.
How to Apply: Specific employment requirements for the job, benefits information, and application may be obtained from www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rockymountnc
All applications must be completed online by July 13, 2018 11:59 pm eastern time.