Salary: $34,765.15 – $54,787.68 Annually
Location: Rocky Mount, NC,
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Fire Department
Closing: 7/31/2018 11:59 PM Eastern
NOTE: This posting is applicable for the recruitment of both Firefighter Cadet position as well as Firefighter/EMT position. The “hiring ranges” are as follows
(no more than 10% above minimum rate (Dependent Upon Qualifications.)
Fire Cadet: $34,765.15 – $52,147.71
Firefighter/EMT: $36,525.12 – $54,787.68
**APPLICANTS ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION. NO ADDITIONAL ATTACHMENTS ARE REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED REGARDING OTHER REQUIREMENTS.**
- Responds to fires with the application of appropriate firefighting techniques.
• Responds to emergency medical calls, performs patient assessments; selects
and follows proper protocols; documents patient care.
• Maintains proper firefighting and emergency medical certifications.
• Assists with maintenance checks and inventories to ensure readiness
and working condition of assigned apparatus.
• Maintains the required level of physical fitness.
• Assist with instructing public education classes on fire safety and
• Participates in the hydrant maintenance program.
• Assists in the maintenance of the fire station building and grounds.
• Participates in continuing education activities.
• Assists with engine company business inspections.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age on date of hire.
- Candidate must possess a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North
• Candidate must obtain the minimum Work Keys scores as follows:
- Applied Mathematics 4
• Reading for Information 5
• Locating Information 4
- Candidate must pass a physical agility test, have a visual acuity of 20/100 or
better, corrected to 20/20.
• Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check upon offer of
• Candidate must have the ability to meet current requirements set forth by the
National Fire Protection Association and the North Carolina Fire and Rescue
• Candidate must possess or ability to readily obtain appropriate state EMS
• Candidate must have the knowledge and level of competency commonly
associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in
addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Candidate must have sufficient experience to understand the basic principles
relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the
completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position
for one to two years.
How to Apply: Specific employment requirements for the job, benefits information, and application may be obtained from www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rockymountnc
All applications must be completed online by July 31, 2018 11:59 pm eastern time.