The North Carolina State Firefighters’ Association has published a history book. The 84-page, full-color, hardcover presents an illustrated history of the NCSFA from 1887 to 2021. The book is also the culmination of a history project started in December 2018.
The book will be unveiled at SAFRE in Raleigh on August 12, 2022. Visit the NCSFA booth to look through copies of the book. One copy of each book will distributed to each member department by mail, following the conference. After the distribution to member departments, availability will be announced for individual copies. Also, a free digital version will be made available for download, with printing disabled.
Free Digital Version
Order Hardcover Copies
Information on availability and pricing is forthcoming, for individual copies.
Thanks in advance for reporting any errors in the book. Please email any errors and suggested corrections to email@example.com.
View a list of corrections in this history book supplement (PDF, coming soon).
About the Book
The Illustrated History of the North Carolina State Firefighters’ Association – 1887 to 2021 features the following:
- 10,000-word, 28-page text history of the NCSFA
- Decade-by-decade, 32-page visual history of both the NCSFA and the state fire service
- Portraits of past presidents, and other past and present officers
- Portraits of current officers, board, and staff members
- Montage of motor apparatus over the decades
- Montage of patches of former fire departments
- Introduction by Executive Director Tim Bradley
- Remarks and reflections by current and past presidents, current officers and staff, and past staff members
- List of NCSFA award winners, both Firefighter of the Year and Medal of Honor
- List of fallen firefighters in North Carolina.
View production notes, expanded photo credits, and a list of corrections in this history book supplement (PDF, coming soon).