Jasper County Fire Rescue is looking to hire creative, hardworking and motivated EMT’s and Paramedics to fill multiple positions in a growing County Fire/EMS organization! We will be staffing additional Fire-Rescue stations in 2019.
(Daytime and 24 hour positions available)
- Type: Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate: Firefighter/Paramedic$17.98/Hour
- Firefighter/EMT $15.50/Hour
- Announcement Date: 6/27/19
Duties: Incumbent is responsible for responding to fires and emergency medical situations to protect and save lives and property. Duties include (but are not limited to): performing fire suppression duties, providing medical care and transporting patients. Will participate in training and continuing education, and perform other duties as assigned.
Job Tasks: Represents the majority of the time spent working in class. Management may assign additional tasks as necessary.
- Respond to fires and emergency medical situations; performs fire suppression and firefighting duties; assesses victim and condition and administers basic life support in accordance with medical certification (i.e., ALS, BLS, First Responder, etc.)
- Locates water supply, monitors hose/nozzle, calculates friction loss and establishes fire streams at fire site. Inspects, tests and operates assigned apparatus.
- Participates in training exercises and continuing education classes to maintain certification and improve knowledge and skills.
- Extricate accident victims as needed.
- Prepare daily logs and reports pertaining to incidents, supplies, repairs and inspections. Completes state/local paperwork, billings and reports. Present public education and awareness programs regarding fire prevention to local schools, civic and community groups.
- Assists with yearly testing of equipment in accordance with NFPA guidelines.
- Cross trains in other disciplines.
- Participate in overhaul and salvage. Preserve and protect evidence relating to fire cause and point of origin.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalent; minimum 18 years of age, valid South Carolina Drivers’ license with good driving record. Incumbent will be required to hold a SC Emergency Medical Technician Basic or higher credential. Credentials as a NFPA Firefighter 1 or higher is also required.
Application Procedure: Submit application with most recent multi-year driving recordto Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications can also be obtained at the Jasper County Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland SC 29936.
** Personnel not certified to Firefighter II, Pump Operations, EVDT and Technical Rescue and either NREMT or NREMT-P will have a starting recruit pay at a 10% reduction until the minimum qualifications are met. Personnel will have one year from starting classes to meet these requirements.
JASPER COUNTY REQUIRES SELECTED APPLICANTS TO SUCCESSFULLY PASS A DRUG TEST AND SLED BACKGROUND CHECK. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER