Town of Fuquay-Varina 134 North Main St., Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526 (919) 552-1400 www.fuquay-varina.org
Town of Fuquay-Varina
The Town of Fuquay-Varina’s Fire Department seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Firefighter. Position will respond to emergency and non-emergency fire, EMS, rescue, and other requests for service, assist in the suppression of fire, perform routine maintenance on trucks and equipment, and participate in training programs. All applicants must have the ability to perform tasks that may involve the exertion of up to 100 lbs. in force. The position will work a 24-hour rotating shift.
Minimum Requirements (At Time of Employment)
- • High school diploma or equivalency [Attach Copy]
- • Valid NC (or state of residence) Driver’s License [Attach Copy]
- • 7-year driving record from each state of residence during those 7 years [Attach Copy]
- • NC Fire Fighter Certification (or ability to obtain by reciprocity) [Attach Copy]
- • NC Hazardous Material Responder – Level 1 (or ability to obtain by reciprocity) [Attach Copy]
- • ICS 700, 800, 100, 200 (meeting objectives of NFPA 1561) [Attach Copy]
- • Bloodborne Pathogens Training (NFPA 1581 objectives) within the last 12 months [Attach Copy]
- • NC OEMS EMT-Basic (or ability to obtain by reciprocity) [Attach Copy]
How to Apply
- • A completed Town of Fuquay-Varina employment application AND all documentation must be received in the Human Resource Office by the posted deadline.
- • Applications must be completed and all other documentation added online at https://nc-fuquayvarina.civicplushrms.com/careers/
- • Resumes may be submitted online in addition to but not in lieu of a completed employment application or requested documentation.
- • Incomplete applications will not be considered (Unless letter is submitted with application explaining anticipated date of completion of requirements before hire date.)
Hiring Rate: $41,044 Starting Date: Monday September 13, 2021
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Wednesday July 16, 2021 Equal Opportunity Employer